Vision and Mission
Community Services Department Vision
The Community Services Department inspires people to engage in physical activity, culture, recreation and the natural environment.
Community Services Department Mission
The department creates opportunities for building positive relationships, learning and personal growth through provisions of parks, recreation and cultural programs, services and facilities.
Benefits of Parks and Recreation
- Recreation and active living are essential to personal health
- Recreation is key to balanced human development
- Recreation and parks are essential to quality of life
- Recreation reduces self-destructive and anti-social behaviour
- Recreation and parks build strong families and healthy communities
- Recreation reduces health care, social service and police / justice costs
- Recreation and parks are significant economic generators
- Parks, open space and natural areas are essential to ecological survival